My client is a small friendly owned and operated business that commenced over 100 years ago, they are a leader in their field of food manufacturing and distribution and currently have over 200 staff employed across Australia.
They now have an exciting and challenging role available for a professional and enthusiastic Purchasing and Distribution Manager to join their business located at Mt Druitt.
Reporting directly to the General Manager your duties will include but not limited to:
- Developing and implementing procurement and contracts management policies, procedures, strategies and systems to ensure the timelines, quality and cost effectiveness of goods and services provided
- Directing or undertaking contract negotiations with suppliers to meet quality, quantity, cost and delivery requirements and to ensure best value for expenditure
- Build and maintain good relationship with external customers
- Maintain inventory levels including regular stock count while ensuring service levels are maintained
- Manage overall distribution function
To be successful you will need:
- Proven experience working within a similar position
- Exceptional communication and negotiating skills with the ability to liaise with people across all levels
- To be willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Forward planning skills
- Solid experience using Microsoft Office programs and ERP software
- To understand safety, compliance and the chain of responsibility
- A current driver's licence and reliable transport
- 2 x checkable work references
This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional to join a successful business that pride themselves with quality and service. If you possess the above skills and experience and are seeking to join a friendly and supportive company, then please apply now!