About our client:
A world leader in their field with over 700 employees globally, our client located in Smeaton Grange manufacture laser machines for customers across 90 countries.
Your day will be spent working in the warehouse and supporting the technical team where you will receive extensive training to become an expert when configuring new machines for customers.
This role is best suited to a person who has a minimum of 5 years of stores and forklift experience with a genuine interest in machinery.
Your duties will include:
- Read customer orders to configure machines
- Operate forklifts to move palletised machines to the work area.
- General picking and packing orders from printed picking slips
- Operate counterbalance and high reach forklift to load/unload trucks
- Packing away deliveries
- Use computers to update excel spreadsheets, send emails and work in ERP system
- Inventory control
- Maintain a neat, tidy, and orderly warehouse
- Manual handling up to 20kgs
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Terrific team environment with low staff turnover
- Variety in your role- not your normal store person position
To be successful you will need:
- To be enthusiastic, driven, and motivated
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in a warehouse environment
- A mechanical understanding and enjoy tinkering with gadgets and tools
- A current forklift licence with a minimum of 2 years experience
- A NSW drivers licence and own reliable transport
- 2 x contactable referees to verify your experience
- Birth Certificate or passport to show your work rights in Australia
If you enjoy working in a warehouse, believe you have a good mechanical aptitude, and seeking extra responsibility, this is a great opportunity to join a friendly and professional team.