- Fantastic Emu Plains Location
- Temporary to permanent position
- Exciting opportunity in the building & trades industry
An Australian family-owned and operated business specialising in providing fencing & gate solutions is looking for a warehouse superstar! Are you passionate about the building & trades industry? Have a background in Fencing? Are you hands-on, enjoy DIY & tackle challenges head-on? This is the opportunity for you!
About the role:
- Picking & Packing orders of steel products, components & brackets
- Customer Service: engage with clients & assist sub-contractors when they pick up orders
- Forklift Operations: use counterbalance forklift to move stock & load/unload trucks
- Product Assembly: using hand tools, power drill, grinder, circular saw
- Manual handling up to 20kgs: manually lift metal gates & pack onto pallets, pack away deliveries
- Stocktaking & product handling: Chainwire rolls. Fence panels, posts & rails, Crash barrier with beams. Timber & plastic items. Custom fabricated gates, fence panels &posts. Powder-coated, Hot dipped galvanised & PVC coated items products.
- Assisting with general Factory Hand duties - maintain a neat, tidy, safe & orderly warehouse environment
What we offer:
- Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 6am-3.30pm & Friday 6am-1pm. Flexibility required during peak times. Overtime is available. ASAP start.
- Casual pay rate: $26.73/hr
- Work close to home.
- Permanent opportunity for the right candidate
- Supportive, small, friendly & family-oriented team
- Fair, open, honest, respectful & trustworthy work environment
- Exposure to building, construction, civil or manufacturing environments
- 2yrs+ experience within metal industry performing stores, warehousing, trades & forklift duties
- 2yrs+ recent Forklift (counterbalance) experience in a yard
- A "can do" attitude, can help a workmate & take directions
- Enjoys working in a small team
- No lifting restrictions and fit to lift up to 25kg
- A current NSW drivers license & own reliable transport
- 2 x checkable work references
- Proof of unlimited work rights in Australia- Australian Birth Certificate, Passport, Visa or Citizenship Certificate
- Have own PPE: steel-capped boots & hi-vis safety vest
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking for an exciting work opportunity, then click "Apply" now to be considered for this position!
If your background is a match, a Penrith Personnel consultant will be in touch to discuss your application and the next steps. Good luck!